Welsh is a Celtic language spoken by 740,000 native speakers mostly living in Wales and England, and is native to the United Kingdom . It is closely related to Cornish and Breton and more distantly related to Irish, Manx and Scottish Gaelic.
- Geiriadur - Welsh to English and English to Welsh dictionary.
- Geiriadur Prifysgol Cymru.
- Cysill-Arlein: a Welsh spelling and grammar checker.
- Big Welsh Challenge - authored by the BBC and even contains a "private tutor" function where you can be paired with an actual Welsh speaker!
- Cwrs Mynediad - a book linked into the Duolingo course and a good all-around reference work. Booksellers in England will carry hard copies as well.
- Gwent College - offers online Welsh Skype classes.
- WelshPlus - a YouTube channel.
Content in WelshEdit
- Say Something in Welsh - a popular Welsh learners' help centre.
- Parallel.cymru, a bilingual side-by-side Welsh and English digitial magazine; all articles are free.
- Welsh wikipedia.
- Happy Here - daily Welsh crosswords.
- Y Bont - Welsh learning centre.
- S4C and BBC iPlayer have Welsh programs. Popular ones include Gwaith/Cartref and Pobol y Cwm.
- IAW!: an online magazine. Y Cymro, Ciwb, and Golwg360 are other online Welsh magazines.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.