These instructions are used to remove a course, or simply to reset it.
- Every base language must have at least a course. To remove or delete a course its base language must have currently at least two courses.
- Resetting a course is like removing it and then adding it.
These actions are available only on the web.
Go to this link: https://www.duolingo.com/settings/reset_lang
- Hover over your profile picture. This displays a menu.
- Select "Settings".
- On the right, below your profile picture select "Learning language".
- You will see a red sign next to the language’s flag. If you are sure you wish to delete it, press this button and all progress will be destroyed.
Executing the action
Here you will be able to either "Reset Progress" or "Remove" a course.
- Duolingo Help Center, How do I delete a language from my profile?. Note that they teach how to delete a course (not a language) from your profile. As of May 2019 the instructions are outdated.