Latin is a classical language that was used throughout the Roman Empire. More writings are available in the language since then than by the Romans. Although its primary uses today are in academia and the Catholic church, it is the language used in gatherings in Europe and the United States and there are internet groups. Its influence can be seen in a variety of languages, especially the Romance languages.
Latin was released on Duolingo on the 28th August 2019.
See Latin/Grammar tips.
Supplemental learning resourcesEdit
- Linney's Latin Class: Free audio lectures and resources centered on a free Latin textbook, The First Year of Latin, by Gunnison and Harley. Students learn to read Julius Caesar's Commentarii de Bello Gallico (Commentaries on the Gallic War).
- National Archive Beginner's Latin and Advanced Latin: Tutorials in Medieval-era Latin
- Memrise courses
- Native Monks
- Lexicity resources
- Latin Wikipedia
- Carpelanam's Latin lessons on the Duolingo forums
- ↑ "We'll definitely add Latin!" April 2014 Reddit AMA
- ↑ "We will do it eventually, but I don't think it will be within the next 4 months." November 2014 Reddit AMA
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.