Summarize, but do not quote, any grammar notes provided with this skill. Notes from Duolingo are copyrighted, and cannot be added here verbatim without permission. Make sure to reference any tips and notes from Duolingo or anywhere else.
The word「寿司」is pronounced /zu-shi/ when preceded by a vowel.
- 巻き寿司 (ma-ki-zu-shi) = Maki Sushi
- 握り寿司 (ni-gi-ri-zu-shi) = Nigiri Sushi
The word 'お腹', meaning "belly", "stomach" was previously taught as /o-na-ka/. In this skill it is /o-ha-ra/.
- 握り (ni-gi-ri) = Nigiri/Hand-Pressed
- タコ (ta-ko) = octopus
- サケ (sa-ke) = salmon
- ...のような (no-yō-na) = resembling of ...
- 切れ (ki-re) = slice ("cut")
- 刺身 (sa-shi-mi) = Sashimi/Raw-fish Slices
- マグロ (ma-gu-ro) = tuna
- A か B (A-ka-B) = A or B
- のり (no-ri) = Nori/roasted seaweed/sushi algae sheet
- がり (ga-ri) = pickled ginger
- 回転 (kai-ten) = conveyor belt
- たこ焼き (ta-ko-ya-ki) = ball-shaped fried octopus
- イカ (i-ka) = squid
- 海老 (e-bi) = shrimp
- 軍艦 (gun-kan) = battleship
- 巻き (ma-ki) = rolled
- 手巻き (te-ma-ki) = hand-rolled
- きゅうり (kyū-ri) = cucumber
- かっぱ巻き寿司 (ka-ppa-ma-ki-zu-shi) = cucumber sushi rolls
- 部分 (bu-bun) = part (of an area)
- トロ (to-ro) = fatty tuna (this also means 'the belly part of tuna', as below)
- トロはマグロのお腹の部分 (to-ro-wa-ma-gu-ro-no-o-ha-ra-no-bu-bun) = Toro is the belly part of tuna