The Italian course for English speakers contains 66 skills, and 405 total lessons.
Grammar tips￼ Edit
Keyboard layouts and input methodsEdit
Main article: Guide to keyboard layouts and input methods
- United States-International layout
- United Kingdom Extended layout
- Mac OS X default layout
- Italian layout
- About.com | Italian - Italian Language Grammar, Pronunciation, and Verbs.
- Adesso Online - An Italian reference and lessons in German.
- iLUSS - A site dedicated to learning Italian online with free tests to verify your level of fluency in the Italian language.
- Italian Language Stack Exchange - question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Italian language.
- Noi parliamo italiano - A website in Italian that teaches the Italian language. A1 - C2
- Online Italian Club - Free weekly Italian lessons & exercises.
- ProgettoTrio.it - Completely free, Official online learning system of the Regione Toscana. Contains over 1,200 courses, audio podcasts, ect. You have register with the site, but all the material is free.
- Treccani - Italian-Italian encyclopedia, dictionary, and grammar reference.
- Word Reference Forums - Italian / English language forums
- Italian / English Visual Dictionary (free E-Book) - Bilingual Visual Dictionary
- Dizionario Italiano - Inglese | Repubblica.it - Online Italian - English dictionary
- Dizionario di Italiano | Repubblica.it - Online Italian only dictionary
Dictionaries - Italian\ItalianEdit
- Dizionario italiano De Mauro - Vocabolario online della lingua italiana
- DIZIONARIO ITALIANO Online - Gabrielli / Hoepli - Gratis ricerca di parole, significati e traduzioni - HOEPLI.it
- Dizionario Italiano - Sabatini-Colletti - Vocabolario Italiano - Corriere.it
- Dizionari di Italiano e Inglese - Garzanti - Vocabolario di Italiano e Inglese - Garzanti Linguistica
- Tuttavia: Sinonimi e contrari di tuttavia - Dizionario dei sinonimi e dei contrari - Corriere.it - Thesaurus
- Ripeti con me! - Italian audio course with a focus on conversation to practice listening and speaking.
- RaiEdu Italiano - Rai 15 unit Italian course.
- Italian lessons on Skype (Lingoci) - 1-on-1 tutoring, $19 to $25 per hour. Good ratings from students on Reviews.io.
- Amy Chambless's Italian Grammar Exercises - A good reference for Italian grammar.
- Arnix.it - wide overview of Italian grammar.
- Linguistic Concepts useful for the Study of Italian - List of linguistic concepts.
- Modern Italian Grammar (free E-Book) - A practical guide to Italian Grammar
- Speakitalian.org - Free Italian Grammar Lessons and Exercises.
- Using Italian (free E-book) - Very thorough guide to contemporary Italian usage for Int. / Adv. students.
- Uvm.edu - explanations of the basic structures of Italian grammar, as well as many exercises through which you can practice what you have learned.
- Context Reverso | Italiano - Context driven translator.
- Italian Verbs - Italian verbs conjugator (conjugation of more than 20,000 verbs).
- I-Verbi.it - detailed conjugation tables for impersonal, reflexive impersonal, active, active reflexive, & passive
- schoLINGUA - Conjugation trainer - Practice over 10,000 Italian verbs.
- Toussaint's Italian Notebook - List of Italian Resources
- Free Italian Flashcards
Content in ItalianEdit
- News in Slow Italian - Read by a native speaker. With slow audio, transcript, translation, and comprehension test.
- Italian for my girlfriend - Italian flashcard Tumblr Blog
- The Italian Experiment - Italian childeren stories read by a native Italian speaker and translated into English. Italian lessons available too.
- Itascan - A site to read mangas in Italian for free online.
- La Gazzetta dello Sport - Italian Sport Website
- Le Iene - Italian Media website
- Liber Liber - Free ebooks and audiobooks in the public domain.
- Novelle Leggere A site to read web novels and light novels in Italian for free online.
- Studentessa matta - The blog of a Duolingo member. The blog is translated to English one paragraph at a time, so it's quite easy to read for an English speaker learning Italian. She also organizes a few immersion trips to Italy per year.
- Sublearning - Movie subtitle flash card quiz in Italian and many other languages
- Wired | Italiano - Wired magazine in Italian.
- Italian Short Stories - Read by a native speaker. With slow audio, transcript, translation, and comprehension test.
- Audiocast.it - List of Italian podcasts.
- Audio Lingua - Italian - mp3 recordings.
- Conoscere l’italiano - Completely Free audio podcasts for learning Italian, produced by the Regione Toscana. You just need to create an account to access them.
- iloveitalianmovies.com - "The Ultimate Guide To Streaming Italian Cinema"
- Incontro Italiano - Free podcast for Learning Italian - Website includes transcripts and exercises
- Italia Sempre - 1850 italian songs with the original lyrics.
- Italinissima and Secondissima - two Italian music playlists on Spotify. Spotify is music streaming app and website.
- LearnIta Youtube channel - Youtube videos with usual phrases for different situations in everyday life.
- Learn Italian with Lucrezia - Youtube vlog about Italian language, culture, lifestyle, and everything that has to do with Italian life.
- Radio Statale - Conversation & Music Podcasts
- Slow Italian - News, up-to-the-minute site. Membership fee, but there is a huge resource of learning material for a very reasonable price
- Sull’Onda Dell’Italiano - University Radio Podcast regarding Italian Language topics.
- Video - with links to Italian and French music with lyrics.
- Fakemen - English songs translated into Italian.
- Radiofumetto - Dylan Dog | Radio 24 - Iconic Italian Comic, "Dylan Dog" read aloud
- Radio Italy Live
- Radio Italia
- Virgin Radio Italy - Radio & podcasts about current music trends.
- Ad Alta Voce - Classics of literature read in Italian.
- ↑ "Italian language". Wikipedia. Retrieved 2015-04-12.
- ↑ Italian for English speakers course page. Duolingo. Retrieved 2015-04-12.
Basics 1 • Basics 2 • Common Phrases • Food • Plurals • Animals • Food 2 • Possessives • Clothing • Questions • Verbs:Present 1 • Colors • Conjunctions • Prepositions • Time • Family • Measurements • Occupations • Household • Adjectives 1 • Verbs:Present 2 • Adverbs • Places • Objects • People • Clitic Pronouns • Numbers • Determiners • Verbs:Present 3 • Verbs:Present Perfect • Adjectives 2 • Verbs:Infinitive 1 • Pronouns • Formal You • Verbs:Imperative • Education • Travel • Directions • Verbs:Past Imperfect • Feelings • Abstract Objects 1 • Sports • Verbs:Past Perfect • Adjectives 3 • Adverbs 2 • Abstract Objects 2 • Verbs:Infinitive 2 • Medical • Verbs:Future • Verbs:Gerund • Arts • Verbs:Future Perfect • Abstract Objects 3 • Verbs:Subjunctive Present • Science • Verbs:Conditional • Verbs:Modal • Verbs:Conditional Perfect • Communication • Nature • Verbs:Subjunctive Perfect • Business • Verbs:Subjunctive Imperfect • Verbs:Past • Spiritual • Politics •
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.