The current German from English course has 120 skills (122 counting bonus skills), and 457 total lessons.
Keyboard layouts and input methodsEdit
Main article: Guide to keyboard layouts and input methods
- United States-International layout
- United Kingdom Extended layout
- Mac OS X default layout
- German layout(s)
See German/Grammar tips.
- PONS - Free and editorially checked, many language combinations with German, multilingual user interface
- BeoLingus - A free online dictionary.
- dict.cc - An English-German dictionary.
- Duden online - The Duden, online (in German).
- DWDS - Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache; includes an etymological dictionary.
- Leo - A free dictionary with translation to many languages.
- Linguee - A free dictionary. Default is English and German.
- Deutsch perfekt - a German course in German.
- LingoJam - A free resource to learn German through conversations.
- German tutors on Skype - 1-on-1 tutoring, $20 to $25 per hour. Good ratings from students on Reviews.io.
- Easy German Grammar Stories Tips on how to memorize German noun gender and more.
- Grimm Grammar
- German Grammar at About.com
- German grammar with complete inflections at Canoo.net
- Adjektiven Dungen expl - Tips for the agreement of adjectives in German.
- Lingolia - A great reference for basic German grammar.
- University of Michigan - Help in identifying gender with exercises.
- German.net - Even more nouns with gender.
- Goethe Institut - Der, die, das game.
- Mr. Shea - Various pages about German grammar.
- schoLINGUA - Conjugation trainer - Practice over 10,000 German verbs.
- Learn German with kwiko - A blog in English about best strategies and hacks to learn German
- kwiko app - Free modern spaced repetition apps for iOS and Android
- Your Daily German - A blog in English about learning German.
- How to use Anki flashcards for vocabulary - Greg's reflections.
- Omniglot German links - a large collection of links to German learning resources.
- Free German Flashcards
Content in GermanEdit
- Slow German - News, up-to-the-minute site. Membership fee, but there is a huge resource of learning material for a very reasonable price.
- Ein rätselhafter Auftrag ("A Mysterious Mission") - Free mobile game for both Android and iOS devices developed by the Goethe Institut. A fun approach on inter-cultural communication and plenty of advice for professional life. And the best part: the texts use a great range of Duolingo's vocabulary, which makes it an excellent practice tool for those who have already finished their tree.
- Projekt Gutenberg - Offers free books that are out of copyright, classified by author.
- http://www.dank.org/tv/ - Links to free German TV content, compiled by the German American National Congress.
- Vorleser - Free audiobooks in German.
- Learnoutlive - A few free books in German, some with English translation and exercises. Option for more paid content.
- Lesekorb - Books for children, including shortened German translations of some classics.
- About German - Short stories, some with English translation. Site also contains other tips for learning German.
- Deutschdrang - Various short stories with questions and exercise tips.
- Readlang - Immersion through German music and stories, with word translations when clicked. Be warned for frequent errors in the text though.
- Extra - Youtube teleseries for English speakers studying German.
- Sublearning - Movie subtitle flash card quiz in German and many other languages
- ↑ "German language". Wikipedia. Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- ↑ Luis von Ahn. "Duolingo turns two today!". Duolingo. Retrieved 2015-04-14.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.