Finnish is the "language spoken by the majority of the population in Finland and by ethnic Finns outside Finland. It is one of the two official languages of Finland and an official minority language in Sweden."
Duolingo released the Beta stage for the Finnish for English course on June 24, 2020.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Reading[edit | edit source]
- Several children's books in Finnish
- More children's stories - web or EPUB format
- YLE Selkouutiset - news in simple Finnish
- Selkosanomat - magazine in simple Finnish
- Finnish Weird Made Easy - short stories in easy Finnish
- Ymmärrä suomea! - reading texts + tests on comprehension
- Sublearning - Movie subtitle flash card quiz in Finnish and many other languages
Courses[edit | edit source]
- A Taste of Finnish - by University of Helsinki. Contains dialogues including sound recordings, grammar explanations, quizzes at the end of each lesson.
- Free Language Flashcards
Grammar[edit | edit source]
- Finnish Teacher.com - grammar explanation, posts about finnish culture and habits, other resources
- Uusi kielemme - grammar explanation, basic vocabulary and other resources
- The Finnish Teacher - grammar explanations and other resources
References[edit | edit source]
Hello! • Good Luck! • Basics 1 • Basics 2 • Pets 1 • The North • Family • Home 1 • Phrases 1 • Language 1 • Barbecue • Sights • Fridge • Language 2 • Home 2 • Know-How • Coffee • Meow! • Europe • Pets 2 • World • Wild • Love • Yummy! • O'Clock • Outdoors 1 • Phrases 2 • Tech • Restaurant • City • Shopping • Outdoors 2 • Vacation • Hobbies • Phrases 3 •