|Courses teaching English|
|Skills in each Checkpoint|
- Merriam Webster Dictionary American English
- American Heritage Dictionary
- Cambridge English Dictionary British English
- Oxford English Dictionary UK or British English
- Longman English Dictionary British English (intermediate-level)
- Learn These Words First British English (beginner-level, with lessons)
- Woodward English Grammar Notes and Games
- https://englishlamp.com/ English Grammar with Explanation and Examples
- https://thebestuknow.com/ English Grammar and Glossary
- Vocabulary Size Test Vocabulary size test and quizzes
Content in English
- Storynory - Read and hear free children stories.
- ExamTutorials Check your english homework.
- Eslpod - Listening resource.
- engVid Free English videos
- Elllo by Todd Beukens English teacher based in Japan, videos and mp3 conversations
- Rachel's English 400 Free videos (Careful one on one tutoring lessons cost money
- Lyrics Training Music lyrics in English
- Quizlet English Speak Vocabulary by Laurie Halse Anderson flash-cards 50 terms by 6_bavani
- English Listening - Portuguese site with links to other websites online to practice English listening.
- English Central Videos en inglés
- BBC Radio
- Talk Radio Europe
- Vaughan Radio
- Ororo TV shows in English with subtitles in English
- Daway ingles How to use Ororo website to learn English explained en español
- [ https://englishlikeanative.co.uk/time-idioms-and-phrases/ English Like A Native] - Interactive lessons with video and audio
- http://baloo.co/ Movies and TV Shows with English subtitles
- Learn English with Lingua-e A website with free English grammar and vocabulary exercises. Available in English and Spanish.
Why is English represented on Duolingo using the flag of the United States rather than the flag of England or of the United Kingdom?
We chose the US and Brazilian flags because we teach those variants of the languages, because they have the overwhelming majority of the speakers, and because they are the variants that most people want to learn (sorry chaps!).
Basics 1 • Basics 2 • Phrases • Food • Animals • Plurals • Possessives • Objective Pronouns • Clothing • Verbs: Present 1 • Colors • Questions • Conjunctions • Prepositions • Time • Family • Jobs • Adjectives 1 • Verbs: Present 2 • Adverbs • Places • Objects • People • Travel • Determiners • Numbers • Verbs: Present 3 • Education • Verbs: Imperfect • Verbs: Infinitive • Verbs: Imperfect 2 • Abstract Objects 1 • Adjectives 2 • Verbs: Perfect • Verbs: Infinitive 2 • Relative Pronouns • Past Perfect • Abstract Objects 2 • Reflexive Pronouns • Nature • Gerunds • Sports • Art • Communication • Medicine • Verbs: Future • Politics • Verbs: Future Perfect • Science • Complex Future • Business • Verbs: Modal • Events • Conditional Perfect • Attributes •