Keyboard layouts and input methods[edit | edit source]
Main article: Guide to keyboard layouts and input methods
General[edit | edit source]
Windows[edit | edit source]
- An Arabic layout can be added within Windows using these instructions.
- Google Input Tools for Windows includes an Arabic layout and IME. (Windows 7/Vista/XP only)
Mac OS X[edit | edit source]
- An Arabic layout can be installed using these instructions.
Linux[edit | edit source]
- SCIM supports Arabic input.
Android[edit | edit source]
- Some Android devices include an Arabic keyboard natively; check your device's language or input method settings to see if it does.
- Google Keyboard includes an Arabic keyboard.
iOS[edit | edit source]
- An Arabic keyboard can be added in the device's settings.
Cross-platform[edit | edit source]
- Google Input Tools - Arabic keyboard layout and transliteration-based IME available for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Chrome OS, and the Chrome web browser.
External resources[edit | edit source]
General/multiple resources[edit | edit source]
- MyArabic has several resources, from the alphabet to grammar to cultural notes.
Dictionaries[edit | edit source]
- Almaany.com, Arabic bidirectional dictionary for English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Turkish and Farsi.
- Free Arabic Flashcards
Courses[edit | edit source]
- Arabic as a Second Language has a short introduction to Arabic.
Grammar references[edit | edit source]
Tools[edit | edit source]
- Aljazeera provides resources to learners of Arabic.
- https://www.alandroidnet.com offers several android apps to learn Arabic.
- https://apkdescarg.com/ Best applications site to learn Arabic.
Content in Arabic[edit | edit source]
- Arabic Wikipedia
- http://www.riwaya.ml/maktaba_khadra.html and http://www.4newmum.com/ar/article/kids-bedtime-%20arabic%20stories.html provide children's stories in Arabic.
- Sublearning - Movie subtitle flash card quiz in Arabic and many other languages
References[edit | edit source]
Alphabet 1 • Alphabet 2 • Alphabet 3 • Alphabet 4 • Descriptions 1 • Descriptions 2 • Country 1 • Omar Is... • Country 2 • Phrases • Descriptions 3 • You and Me • University • Are You? • Family 1 • Your Name? • Family 2 • Clothes 1 • At Home 1 • In My Bag • Office • Food 1 • Picture 1 • Hobbies 1 • Weather 1 • Geography 1 • Picture 2 • At Home 2 • 0 to 10 • Geography 2 • Hi! •
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.