Achievements is a Duolingo feature rolled out in the beginning of April 2017 for some users and rolled out to the rest beginning in November 2017. These achievements are given out when a user completes a certain number of actions or a specific action.
Each achievement comes in tiers, with one having to complete the first tier in order to move on to the second tier, and complete the second tier before being able to collect the third.
- Tier 1: have a 2-day streak.
- Tier 2: have a 7-day streak.
- Tier 3: have a 30-day streak.
- Tier 1: follow 3 friends
- Tier 2: be followed by 3 friends
- Tier 3: invite a friend to Duolingo.
- Tier 1: earn 50 XP in one day.
- Tier 2: earn 100 XP in one day.
- Tier 3: earn 200 XP in one day.
- Big Spender:
- Tier 1: Spend 20 Lingots.
- Tier 2: Spend 50 Lingots.
- Tier 3: Spend 200 Lingots.
- Tier 1: Complete a lesson between 4am and 8am in your time zone.
- Tier 2: Complete a lesson between 10pm and 4am in your time zone.
- Tier 3: Meet your daily goal on Saturday and Sunday in your time zone.
- Wizard (Android only):
- Shiny :
- Tier 1: have 10 skills in a language tree golden at once.
- Tier 2: have 20 skills in a language tree golden at once.
- Tier 3: have all skills in a language tree golden at once.
- Inner Circle:
- Tier 1: join a club.
- Tier 2: be at the top of your club's leaderboard.
- Tier 3: become the club's weekly winner.